Tuesday, January 27, 2009

So long, My Crush!

I don’t know why I’m writing this, but today, I just feel like sharing something.

It has been a week now since my crush at work resigned for a reason that he only knows. It has been a week as well since I got trained to do processing skills that will give me off-the-phone time. Everything feels like new right now. I’m somewhat off my comfort zone.

Before, when work gets a bit nasty, I just find solace from the thought that I’ll be working side by side with my hottie. I know it’s shallow, but what the heck, as long as it helps me get out of my bed everynight to work. I was never really able to reach out to him and be as “close” as I would have hoped for. But still, we were able to chat and make smart ass comments to each other during avail times. I was hoping until the last moment to be with him during out-of-office times so that I would be able to see and know what the real him is when he’s not working. I did my best to make sure that team buildings would be a merging of my team and his team. Sad to say, he never attended once.

Even though I sometimes make fun of his accent, I still love to hear him speak chavacano. I only heard him speak once but it stuck on me. I may be a bit biased here ‘coz he’s my crush, but still, nobody could argue that he really is a catch.

He got my attention while he was still “nesting” on the floor. A somewhat pre-”live” training to get familiarized with the workload. He has fair skin, boyish charms and a nice height. His height did it for me. I once arranged a basketball game between my new account where he is in, and my former account where I have lots of friends who are basketball addicts. My simple reason was to see him in action. I loved what I saw. There was a point wherein after the game, he was resting in the bench and I was eagerly anticipating the moment he changed his shirt. As Bad luck has it, a girl friend of mine chatted me a bit and when I looked back, he already changed his shirt. Darn it.

I still remember what our last conversation was all about, plane tickets. He was asking if he can pay me in cash upfront so that I can buy his plane ticket for him using my credit card. Sadly enough, I was maxed out due to others riding on my cards. I felt bad that I declined his offer.

Now, work doesn’t have that magnet anymore. I’m awaiting for a time that a “newbie” would sweep me off my feet…. again….. Naks!


No comments:

Locations of visitors to this page