Thursday, August 21, 2008

Taho naman jan..

Eversince I was a kid, the only hospital that I could remember I was admitted to was the Manila Adventist Hospital (formerly Manila Sanitarium and Hospital). My mom told me that as a kid, I always made sure that I was confined almost monthly in the hospital for so many medical reasons (some of which were never really diagnosed), e.g fever that doesn't go down, unknown rashes that led to skin peeling throughout my body, severe colds that prevented me from breathing normally, broken bones, and so much more. Even though I hate needles due to vaccinations and pricking for blood samples, I still loved going to that hospital. Up to now, if ever I will be confined, I want to be confined at the Manila Adventist Hospital. Main and only reason I wanna go back is the food. Since it is an adventist hospital, they only serve vegetarian foods. But don't mistake their food to taste like other trying hard vegan restos, theirs are really good. I'm picky with what I eat (minimal meat, hate seafoods) so I naturally enjoyed their soy-based "Ve-G Meat" transformed into so many delectable dishes.


Fast forward to August 2008, I pitched the idea to Gwennie and Vani to try the "Ve-G Meat" dishes after shift. I know Gwen would be somewhat willing since she recently turned vegan but with Vani, still not sure whether she's into that. To my delight, Vani decided to try it out as well. We ordered dishes that we didn't bother ask what it was as long as it looks good. We ended up with 2 dishes each, 2 rice for me (takaw) and 1 and half rice for each of them. As dessert, we had the infamous Chilled Taho. Love it! So stuffed are we that we decided to pass the time, let the food settle in our tummies and be cam whores for the moment... (Gwen decided to buy some Ve-G Tapa as well)







No comments:

Locations of visitors to this page